Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday America!

Celebrating our nation's birthday and independence on the fourth of July is my favorite holiday...I love everything about it. I especially love the see of red, white, & blue variations everywhere - beautiful! Growing up, July 4th usually meant going to our small town parade, grilling out, and swimming either in a pool or in the river and ending the day with fireworks. Such fun memories...I just love this special day!

Our first fourth of July in Washington was a toasty one (and we had been told it doesn't get "hot" in WA, ha!). Our second fourth of July was freezing! We were outside and it was almost miserable. But this year, our third fourth of July, was absolutely perfect! Sunny, breezy and the 70 degree temperature range, aaaahhhh.....



We started our day of celebration in DuPont for their annual July 4th festivities. It is my favorite DuPont community event of the year - so much fun, so much to do...


Lots of booths with fun treats and things


Giant inflatables for the kiddos...I must admit that I wanted to try this one out myself!


Fun tanks and trucks to touch and explore....


...and even an Elvis impersonator! We took this just for you, Mrs. Joanna! =)

Kyle and Terry were kind enough to have us over for a little grilling fun, so we spent a good bit of our afternoon just hanging out...just might be the last hanging out we get to do before Tesa and Tyce arrive! They could be here ANY day now...soooo exciting!!

On our way home, we stopped in Steilacoom to check out the celebration. They were having more of the same kind of stuff that DuPont was having...but Steilacoom did have quite the gorgeous view...

Love our town!!

We took it easy...really easy for the remainder of the afternoon and then we got ready for some fireworks!

Getting ready to head down to the waterfront for Steilacoom's fireworks show.

By this point, my eyes were starting to puff, I was starting to sound all nasal-y and my sweet husband told me, "You're going downhill fast." Ha! Allergies are something I have developed in the last couple of months or so of living in Washington. I've been told that it's pretty common to live here a couple of years with no symptoms and then discover you have an allergy problem. Ugh....

But it 's pretty hard to stay inside when you have a view like this waiting for you outside...

Wow!! Our friends Justin and Sarah picked this spot out for watching fireworks.

As if this day couldn't get any better, even the moon was gorgeous!


Got to watch the fireworks show with lap full of Lewallen boys =)

They make my heart so happy!
(this is Ryne's best "cheeeeeese")

Ryne wanted his picture taken again, so I complied...

...here he is saying "It's too bright Lissa!"

And here is Ryne saying "Do it again, Lissa! Do it again!"

Love this little guy!

It was a grand fireworks show! With a lap full of little fellas, I didn't focus on trying to take a ton of pictures, so just enjoy this one and trust me when I tell you that it was awesome!

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment