Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The X-Factor Comes to Seattle!

So you might not have heard of this show just yet....



...but the X-Factor is a new (to the U.S., anyway) singing competition created by Simon Cowell. It has no age limits and even allows groups to audition as well. The prize at the end - 5 million dollars!! So we are talking serious talent...only the best of the best of the best....

Wouldn't you know it? The show came to Seattle for auditions and we scored some free tickets, woohoo! We had friends with tickets, too, so yesterday Rebekah, Liz, Derek, and myself loaded up and headed for Seattle.



You should check out this dress code requirement printed on our tickets...
(not the tickets in the previous picture, but the tickets we printed off the Internet)

DRESS CODE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED FOR OUR INTERNET TICKET HOLDERS! Hip, uspcale attire is mandatory. Colorful, spring colors are requested. ABSOLUTELY no apparel with logos of any kind on the front or back are allowed in the studio audience. ABSOLUTELY no t-shirts, sweatshirts, white tops, shorts, or flip flops! We'd prefer you don't wear jeans. Please dress hip and upscale as if going to a nice club or restaurant. You will be on camera so it is very important that you dress nicely! When you look great, the show looks great!

IF YOU DO NOT DRESS ACCORDING TO THE DRESS CODE YOU WILL NOT BE ADMITTED.


I was freaking out. I definitely don't count my clothes as either hip or upscale. I settled on a dress with leggings that followed all the rules and just prayed that I would get in...I did. But so did all of the other people that I don't think even looked in the mirror before they left home. I saw every single rule broken, bummer for me. I would've been much more comfortable in my jeans and top, but oh well - I am definitely NOT a rule breaker =)

How do we look?

Okay, so all you can really see are our happy faces, but trust me, we fit the dress code perfectly =)

We arrived at 12:00 for our 1:00 auditions just as we were told...and we waited...and waited...and waited...finally getting to our seats at 1:30. But we had such a great view of the stage!!


2nd row up from the floor!

We could only have our cell phones for taking pictures, so this is extremely blurry, but it's the best I could do.

Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and L.A. Reid

It was a really fun experience. We saw about 10 contestants, heard only two "Yes" answers and one "come back tomorrow." Simon was brutally honest as always, although not as rude as I had expected. Paula was a much more honest and constructively critical judge and not as much of the "everyone is just so wonderfully talented" judge as she was on American Idol. Nicole was great. She loved it when a contestant belted out "My Redeemer Lives" by Nicole C. Mullen and said it was one of her favorite songs. L.A. - still not sure who he was, but at least he didn't say "dawg" or "yo, yo, yo" a million times. We can't wait to watch the show! Well, the Seattle auditions episode that is. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment