Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Smith's Go To Washington - Part Four

This day started out with a couple of extra little guys...

Introducing Dr. Kade, Peter Pan Ryne, and Pirate Zack!!

Zack went with me early Friday morning over to the Lewallen's house for a little play date. Why were we there??? Well, there's a very good reason...a spectacular reason in fact!

While we were playing with Kade and Ryne, their parents were welcoming their brand new twin siblings into the world!

Meet Tesa Mae Lewallen, 6lbs 8oz, 19in. long born at 10:27 a.m. July 15, 2011


And here's Tyce Duane Lewallen, 5lbs 2oz, 18in. long, born at 10:42 a.m. July 15, 2011


Later that day, the big brothers got to meet their little brother and sister.

How sweet! I just love this family of six!!

So that's why we were there...I told you it was a spectacular reason!

But that's all the details I am going to spill. I certainly don't want to spoil it all before their sweet mama gets a chance to share on their family's blog =)

After leaving our play date, we headed up to Seattle. But first we made a stop at the only place where G requested to eat on the whole trip.


The Cheesecake Factory!! And it certainly did not disappoint!

We had planned a little Seattle adventure that I had not done yet - a tour on Ride the Ducks of Seattle.



Here's our "duck" for the tour, captained by Captain Mike Apton...read that name slowly...did you get it? Captain Mi-kapton...Captain My Captain. Cheesy, but fun!


We stopped for quick photo at the Space Needle before boarding for our tour.

This was as close as we got...you remember the whole scared of heights thing, right? =)

The duck took us on a tour of the famous parts of Seattle...the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square, etc. I didn't take a ton of pictures since you've already seen a bazillion pictures of it all, but I did take this picture of the first ever automated car wash in America and the second most photographed sign in Seattle...



I've passed by it so many times, but never knew there was a history to it. Now I do =)

My favorite part of the tour happened when our duck left land and went into Lake Union, literally. Here we are going in...

How do you like those goggles?

We had some really great views all around Lake Union.


This is Seattle's Gasworks Park

You might remember it from movies like "Singles" or "10 Things I Hate About You." Or...you might have seen it on The Amazing Race - it was the starting line for season 3 and the finish line for season 10.



Recognize this houseboat??

It was used in filming "Sleepless In Seattle"









Seattle's floating homes


The smallest floating home on Lake Union. Interested?

This home is 200 square feet, $850/month, and there's a waiting list!!

Zack had a fun time with his quacker...although I had to temporarily confiscate it when we got back in the car, ha!




Here I am with my non-English speaking, seat buddy from Japan. Her daughter was sitting in the seat in front of us and would turn around occasionally to translate for her. Funny story...

I had not planned on taking very many pictures on this trip, since I've seen most of it. However, I noticed that every time I held my camera up to take a picture, this lady would take one too and then smile at me and give me a laugh or a thumbs up. So I realized that if she was going to get pictures of the best parts of Seattle, I was going to have to get pictures. So what did I do? Whenever we passed by something picture worthy, I held up my camera and pretended to take a picture. I didn't want her to miss anything! And every single time I did, she did too. Hope she likes her pictures!

What a fun time!


I saw this boat on our way out of the water and I had an idea...

I'm thinking that the next church plant on the Surround the Sound church plant vision should be a houseboat church! Seriously, wouldn't it be awesome? After looking at this boat setup, what else could you possible ask for?

And this little guy was all tuckered out again. I think he took a nap on every car ride we made. Looks like Spot is napping, too.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner at Red Robin and headed home so they could get all packed up for their very early flight Saturday morning. I am so so so happy G & Zack finally got to visit us in Washington. I love living here. I love being a part of what God is doing in the Northwest. But I would be lying if I said I didn't miss "home." My heart is always sad to say goodbye. I am so very thankful for precious time with my family. I think living so far away just makes it all the more valuable and sweet. We are so very blessed to have family that will take the time out of their lives and money out of their pockets just to come see us. Thanks for coming to visit G & Zack - we love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment