Friday, June 1, 2012

Baby Girl Showers!

I can't think of any party sweeter than a baby shower. I love everything about them, especially the oooing and aaahhhing over the tiny little clothes. Lucky for me, I have lots of friends in that stage of life so I have gotten lots of opportunities to take part in these precious celebrations.

A couple of weeks ago, we had a baby girl shower for my friend Kristy, who expecting baby #5 mid-June. Here are some highlights...

Kinsleigh's nursery is done in a sweet birdie theme, so we planned the shower to match & called it a "Birdie Brunch."


Guests left their fingerprint and signature on this painting for Kinsleigh - I think it will make a cute addition to her super adorable nursery!

...and let me add that I stressed so much over painting that tree, but am happy with how it turned out. The single creative bone in my body is geared to impress preschoolers, and even then, it fails me sometimes, ha!

So many great friends...


So many gifts to show love to Kristy & Kinsleigh...


By the end, I had written a pretty long list.


It was a perfect day and I just can't wait to welcome Kinsleigh Hope into this world!

And just last night...

We got to host another baby girl shower, this time for my friend Laura, who is expecting baby #2 mid-June (yes, mid-June, just a day or two away from Kristy!). This will be Moises and Laura's first daughter. They already have super adorable Levi, who you probably remember from a blog post or two. ;) I just can't wait to meet Lexi(e)...(spelling of the name is yet to be determined.)

Check out this picture...

Kristy, Me, Laura, Terry, & Amanda

This was taken in the fall of 2010 when Laura was expecting Levi - this was the first baby shower I got to help plan since moving to the Northwest. Funny that since this photo was taken, Kristy and Laura are now both expecting & Terry had precious twins Tesa & Tyce. (Amanda already had three sweet girls.) Geez...I think I'm falling way behind! But one thing is for sure, my life is full of sweet little ones to love!

So here we are a year and a half later...I am so thankful for Laura and her friendship. She is just wonderful!


My friend Sarah was sweet enough to host in her home and let me tell you, she is a decorating professional! Seriously, amazing!


We planned a fun dinner menu for our "girls night out" themed shower.


Drank punch (not moonshine!) out of these mason jars.


Such a lovely group of ladies...


We had this adorable station set up for friends to create headbands for Lexi.




Super cute! Lexi(e) will be so stylish in her custom headbands. :)


Maria organized some really fun games for the night. Like this one - how many clothespins can you pick out of a bowl of rice in one minute? This was sooo hard...the next time you get bored, just dump safety pins into rice, blindfold yourself, and see what you think!


Chelo dominated with 18 safety pins!


Then it was time to open gifts...have I mentioned how much I LOVE this part??


We even played a game during the gift reveal...fun!


There were so many adorable gifts, including this homemade ruffle-bun onesie that Molly made, so crafty!


Or this absolutely precious blanket that Mary-Hayden made...I wouldn't even know where to start!


Wait...you thought I said she was having a girl, right?

This story is so cute...

When Laura had her first ultrasound, she was told she was having a boy. At her next ultrasound, and in the one that followed, she found out that it seems a little girl is what God is adding to their family. Sweet Chelo never got the news that things had changed and bought the most adorable baby boy gift. We had some good laughs, but really, it was the cutest gift!

It was a great night!

Now comes the not so fun part...saying goodbye.

This is me with Laura, Mary-Hayden, Jaclyn, Sarah, & Libby. Sadly, Jaclyn is moving to Georgia this weekend. The military has a way of moving people around, but this time, Jaclyn's hubby is getting out of the Army and going into the reserves so they are moving back home to be closer to family. My heart is happy for her, but seriously sad that I won't be seeing her or her sweet family any time soon. (Did you know that her five year old, Aubrey, is my bff?) Such is life here in the Northwest when you live near an Army base.

We'll miss you Jaclyn! You have such a special place in our hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment