Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Brand New "Must Do" in Seattle!

After our fun anniversary brunch at the Space Needle, we walked right next door to check out the newly opened David Chihuly Garden and Glass exhibition. Ever since I found out this was coming to Seattle, I have anxiously awaited its opening. If you've ever been to Vegas, then you've probably seen this inside the Bellagio...


This is what David Chihuly does...creates incredibly beautiful and amazing works of art from glass. I've been wanting to see more ever since our trip to Vegas last summer...wish granted!



Seriously, I was completely and totally overwhelmed at how amazing and beautiful everything was...those words don't even feel like they bring justice to it! I felt compelled to take a ka-billion pictures so I'll just share those with you and let you decide what you think.





















**At this point, my husband turned to me and asked, "Is there any part of you that just wants to reach out and touch it?" To which I replied, "Absolutely not! I'm nervous just breathing!" Boys....















They even gave us a FREE photo, awesome!!


















Then we ventured into part of the exhibit called, "The Glass House."







And next it was out into "The Glass Garden."

















So now that I have these kabillion pictures (and these are only about half...maybe less than that) the next time I go...hopefully VERY soon...I'll be able to just stare without the compulsion to photograph everything. Can't wait!!



What a cultureized (how do you like that word?) anniversary we had, don't you think? It was great fun for sure and a perfect way to celebrate five fabulous years. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment