Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Brand New Date

Sometimes dinner & a movie can get old...and expensive. Don't get me wrong - I looove dinner and I looove going to the movies, but it's always fun to change things up a little!

Not long after we moved here, some friends told us about a drive in theater not far from here. I guessed it slipped our minds and we never got around to checking it out until this past weekend. We drove over after church on Sunday night (yes, I said AFTER church...the movie can't start until dusk, which is about 9:30 p.m. these days).

After pulling the car in both forward and backward, we decided on leaving it in reverse. We brought plenty of blankets & snacks, got all bundled up and settled in for a movie marathon. The cool thing about this theater is that they always show a double feature and this night they were showing Battleship & The Avengers - did I mention they only charge $7 per person for BOTH movies?!? By the time Avengers started, it was 11:30 and I did pretty good for the first hour, but after that I was completely zonked. What an old woman I've become, ha! Thankfully, my sweet husband didn't mind loaning me his shoulder for the rest of the movie - he's the BEST!











Can you read my shirt? It says "My husband rocks." And yes he does! Love him and our fun dates so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment