Thursday, August 30, 2012

His Twenty-Sixth Birthday!

In other summer news...somebody had a birthday!! Guess who it was?

That's right - my man is now 26! The cool thing about 26 is that I first started celebrating birthdays with Derek when he was 13 so now he's officially spent half of his life with me, lucky guy. ;) Just kidding, I am well aware that *I* am the lucky one!

As per usual, I made his favorite butter yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting.



And since candles are sold 24 in a pack and now he is 26 I found these cute "Happy Birthday" to use instead and we lit them up!



Happy Birthday Handsome!


Making that wish...


...so much for using these candles next year, ha! It's actually kind of sad-looking.


I planned a couple of fun adventures for Derek's birthday week. We started out with a trip to the movies to see one of his favorites, Batman. Oh...excuse me..."The Dark Knight." :)

Awesome movie!

He also got to have his favorite General Tso's Chicken from his favorite restaurant - apparently the love of Chinese cuisine is genetic among Thomas men. :)


The next day we went out to play some mini golf, lots of fun!






And Derek got to try out his new birthday shoes. Okay, so maybe mini golf isn't exactly "trying them out" but at least he got to wear them, right?


Later in the week, we had one more new birthday adventure - paddleboarding! Derek loved it!


And there is a reason behind why I am sitting in a kayak and not standing on a paddleboard, but I'll save it for later so as not to hog the spotlight of Derek's birthday blog post.


It was a beautiful day at Percival Landing!



Happy 26th birthday my love! You are simply wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment