Saturday, January 7, 2012

Blessed

My family has never really been into the whole "picture taking" thing. Oh sure, there are tons of pictures of me and my little sister, but we were never really into documenting much in photographs until two things happened...(1) I moved to Washington and (2) Dad got sick.

Now we try to get pictures every time we're together...at least one family photo anyway. =)

I was looking back over our last few shots together and I had alot of thoughts, but the loudest thought of all was thinking about how blessed we are to be together, all of us. I am so very thankful for that - more thankful that I have ever been in my entire life.

Time with my family is so very precious to me and I cherish every single moment, no matter how big or small. That is one blessing that living so far away has brought to us, we cherish each other even more. Although I miss them terribly and there will always be tears at the airport, and I will always wish they were here with me, there is definitely truth to the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."

Here are our family pictures from the last couple of years. You will definitely notice how much my Dad has changed and how the cancer aged him so rapidly. I am praying everyday and remaining confident that God is going to heal him, that this disease will be cured and taken away forever. I believe it. It is my heart's greatest desire. It's what I blow out my candles every year wishing. It's what I wish when an eyelash falls out and you hold it between your finger and your thumb. It's what I think about every time I see the clock turn 11:11. Silly, right? Not to this girl. It reminds me to "Pray without ceasing."

I love my family so much. I am blessed to belong to them. Blessed indeed.

Thanksgiving 2009


Summer 2010


Christmas 2010


Summer 2011


Christmas 2011


And yes, my sweet husband is aware that he is wearing the same shirt in both the first photograph and the last, he pointed it out himself. He says he's going to retire it, ha! I guess we'll see in the next photo. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment