Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Two-Horse Open Sleigh, Hey!

Jingle bells,
Jingle bells,
Jingle all the way.
Oh what fun it is to ride
On a one horse open sleigh.


I've never really known if it is actually fun to ride on a one horse open sleigh...until yesterday!

My birthday present from my sweetheart was a trip to the Bavarian town of Leavenworth, Washington complete with a sleigh ride and everything!

Our very own sleigh!


One of our beautiful horses, Darlene.


And here's the seat just for us!


Here we go!!


It turned out to be a two-horse open sleigh, but that's okay. I'll just have to sing the lyrics a little bit differently from now on. =)


Not a problem.


So excited!


And we're off!
Dashing through the snow...












It was such fun! When our sleigh ride was over, we went inside this rustic tent to warm up with some hot cider and cocoa and hover around the fire...perfect.



Then we went into the heart of Leavenworth to enjoy the Christmas festivities.

Charming, isn't it?










We went inside this store and sure enough, the name of the store held true - it was "My Favorite Place." We purchased a few of my new favorite things there.


Then it was time to gather around town square for the Christmas tree lighting.



Oooo...look at all the pretty lights!


And it didn't stop there, they lit up the entire town.











And now, here are one of those "new favorite things" we purchased today.

Don't you just love it? I sure do and even more, I love the person that I will always keep falling in love with. I am a blessed girl to be married to Derek Thomas. He sure does make my heart happy. Thanks for making my birthday a super special one - I love you!!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful way for such a beautiful couple to spend in such a beautiful place to celebrate the birthday of a beautiful young lady!!! Happy, Happy Birthday, Alissa!! We love & miss you two bunches.

    ReplyDelete