Thursday, January 19, 2012

Snowmageddon 2012 - What I forgot to show you...oops!

I was looking through my list of blog posts today when I noticed this little guy never got published and was just sitting as a "draft." I felt terrible that you never got to see the rest of our Snowmageddon back in January. I certainly don't want you to miss out, so here it is!

Our beautiful backyard


View from our balcony


Gorgeous frosted evergreens


Derek's truck won't be going anywhere today...


There are tennis courts under there somewhere, I promise.








Poor lady. Derek and I had just started our snow walk when we saw her. My husband has the BEST heart for serving people!


This is the normally busy road in front of our apartment.


Love this tree!


The walk home...


Woohoo for snow days!!


Then all the fun quickly vanished when all of the snow turned to ice overnight...



...beautiful to look at, not so pretty on the roads and not so wonderful when it causes power outages for days. Yikes! Thankfully, we only lost power for a few hours. Whew...

Finally, it all melted away enough and we were able to venture out for the one thing worth venturing out for...

GROCERIES!!

So now you know that we survived Snowmageddon/Icemageddon 2012 in Washington. We've had some CRAZY weather so far...rain, sunshine, snow, & hail all in the same day for the last couple of weeks. Hurry up spring, we're ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment