Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Who Needs Blue Bell?

Oh dear me, was my sweet tooth in hyper mode last night. Typically, when I'm craving something sweet, it is NOT chocolate. It's either ice cream or something fruity...usually lemon or strawberry flavored. And we didn't have a thing to satisfy it in this house. Bummer.

But then the Lord heard my cry and whaddya know? He sent down manna from heaven! Just kidding =) But seriously, we did get about 10 inches of this...


Snow!!

So what do you do with 10 inches of snow all around you? You make snow cream of course!

So I went outside and gathered up a bowl of pure, WHITE snow! No yellow stuff for this girl, ha!


See? Told you it was white.




Bring in the other key players...milk, sugar, & vanilla.


Mix 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of sugar, & 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until the sugar dissolves.


Then slowly add the snow to your mixture while constantly stirring. (About 4-5 cups of snow total). Stir until it thickens up just like ice cream.


Sprinkle...


...and enjoy!

Yum!! Better than good ol' Blue Bell...almost. =)

I loved it so much that I went right back outside and gathered up another large bowl of snow to put in the freezer for later on tonight when I'm sure that sweet tooth will return. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment