Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My New Favorite Product!

I really have been blessed.

I have super thick hair and have never had to be an everyday hair washer. I usually get to do the every-other-day thing and occasionally can stretch it out to every third day.

But I have a confession.

I hate washing my hair. I love the outcome, hate the process. After washing, comes drying (because my hair would take 15 hours to dry on its own!), and then I have to go ahead and straighten it out or it's a wild curly mess, ugh. It's at least an hour and half ordeal. And morning washes aren't really an option either. Morning washes only lead to hair weirdness that ultimately results in a ponytail. So that means most of the time, I'm washing late at night and am just not happy about it.

I realize that this is not a big deal to you - and not even a deal at all in general. But there is a point.

About two weeks ago, I saw a commercial for this product....


The ad claimed that you could spray this on your hair, brush it out, and it would look as good as freshly washed. I was quite skeptical, but when I saw it on the shelf at the store the other day, I decided to try it. This week at work has been absolutely exhausting. I really needed to wash my hair last night, but I just didn't have the energy. The beginning of my week is the busiest part (busy in a good way, of course) - Sunday night church, work Monday (crazy), Monday night LIFE group, work Tuesday (crazier), Tuesday night youth group. When we finally got home last night, I just didn't have the energy. So I decided to try out my new "Dry Shampoo."

Let me tell you, it's amazing!! I was seriously shocked at how well it worked. It did just what it claimed it could do - remove the oil. My hair was so soft and I was so happy! Now honestly, I don't plan to make this a regularly used product - but boy, am I sure glad to have an alternative for those days when I just don't feel like going through the ordeal.

Whew, glad I got that off of my chest! =)

On a totally different note, who needs dry shampoo when it's Dr. Seuss' birthday and you get to go to school looking like this...

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss! Thanks for the pajama day!!

4 comments:

  1. If you ever want to let your hair stay curly, try out the DevaCurl line of products. It's been the best thing for my wavy hair. It's possible to go several days between shampoos. The creator of the products also wrote the Curly Girl Handbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool, I did not know about that stuff I may have to try it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have curly hair?! Not fair :) I want to see you wear it curly...it would be too cute! I wish I could wear my PJ's to work...wait I can! Hope you have had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestion Heather!

    Holly, you should definitely try it =)

    Sarah, my hair is not "pretty curly" like Tara's - I think it's just "crazy curly" and I am TERRIBLE at managing it, lol.

    ReplyDelete