Thursday, February 24, 2011

I've Seen Them All...

I am on Day 2 of no school because of snow, woohoo! Looking out of our bay window right now, it looks like someone just shook up a snow globe - seriously! Snow is flying in all sorts of crazy directions. It is just beautiful! We've had a few snow days before, but there is something extra special about having a snow day when you are really supposed to be working =)

Derek has been out of town a couple of days this week at a leadership conference, so I spent yesterday's snow day all by myself...I say "Boo to that!" So I occupied my time by cleaning up my poor, neglected home and catching up on some movies I had recorded on our dvr, like "Breakfast at Tiffany's." Can you believe I've never seen it?

We've also been enjoying the instant streaming of Netflix. I think it's just amazing how many tv shows are available to watch either on dvd or through Netflix instantly. You can watch an entire series! I'm thinking that will be nice to have around this summer when all of the good tv shows go into tv purgatory. We're trying to work our way up to canceling our cable altogether - we'll see if we can actually do it =)

So I started thinking about shows that I have seen in their entirety - shows that are no longer current that I have seen every single episode of. And I came up with these...

1. I Love Lucy

I'm honestly not sure how, when, or why I started watching this show, but I can't really remember not watching it. I've loved it forever, and I never, ever get tired of Lucy's crazy antics. Sometimes, I feel like I'm living in her shoes. It's hard to pick a favorite episode, but I do love when she's working in the chocolate factory =)

2. The Cosby Show

If I could pick any other family to grow up in besides my own, it would be this one. I can quote nearly every line of this show! This was one of few shows that my family and I watched religiously on a weekly basis. Derek didn't grow up watching it, so I've been able to introduce him to the Huxtables and I really enjoy getting to see him watch it for the first time. My favorite episode is the one when the family decides to give Theo a taste of the "real world" and they transform their entire house into a restaurant, apartment building, furniture store, and bank. Love it!

3. Who's the Boss?

I'm pretty sure I wanted to be Samantha Micelli when I was little - either her or Punky Brewster. And I just loved that the actress' real name was Alyssa because she was the only other Alissa I had even heard of. Now all of the Alissa's I know are under the age of 10 or so - I even have an Alyssa in my new class =)

4. 24

I'm so thankful this country has Jack Bauer - he's the reason we can all lay our heads down and sleep well at night, ha! This was the first tv series we watched together after we were married, thanks to a friend who dumped seasons 1-6 in our lap. We were addicted from the very beginning!

5. Lost

Wow - what to say about this one? I'm glad we didn't start this show until it was available on dvd because I could never remember all of the things that happened from week to week. We both think this show is pretty amazing and wish we had just one more season. Definitely the most unpredictable show ever!

I'm not sure what our next series to catch up on will be - we're happy to take suggestions =) For now hot chocolate and the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's are calling my name!

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear about your new job :)
    You should watch Friday Night Lights! It's so unexpectedly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sara! We may have to try that show next. Hope you come visit us soon!!

    ReplyDelete