Saturday, March 19, 2011

A Fishy Kind of Day

We caught a glimpse of spring today =)

It was BEAUTIFUL outside today, which was perfect because Derek had already told me earlier this week not to plan anything for today because he had something in mind for us...I love it when he says that!

So we slept in this morning and then headed for Seattle. We stopped for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory (yum-o) and then continued on into the city and made a stop at the Seattle Aquarium. Here are a few memories from our day...


One of the first things we saw when we walked in was a huge touch pool of starfish and anemones.


And I just couldn't resist =) But I made sure to follow the instructions and touch gently with only ONE finger.


We caught a glimpse of a scuba diver putting on a little show


And then we spotted some clown fish...which I know I never paid attention to before "Finding Nemo." I took this picture so I could share it with my class because they will love it!


And then it was onto my favorite - the sea horses!


We watched this little guy spit rocks out of his mouth for a few minutes...weird.


And got up close and personal with this strange swimming creature.


Here's my favorite fish of the day - I just love how he's smiling at us =)


We watched this cute little guy relaxing in the pool.


Then we spotted these two very BIG guys!




Sweet little Sea Otter


It's hard to see, but the giant clump at the bottom of the tank is an Octopus.


We had a great time at the aquarium...it was so nice to just have some down time together outside of the hustle and bustle of the week.

What a perfect day =)

No comments:

Post a Comment