Monday, January 25, 2010

Maybe My Thumb is Changing Colors....

My grandmother could grow the most beautiful rose bushes you've ever seen...

My mom could kill a cactus...

I have always been more like my mom.

Despite my numerous attempts, I have never, ever been able to successfully grow anything...anything!! Since it wasn't fair to the plants, I haven't even tried for a while...until now.

For my birthday, Kyle, Terry, Kade, and Ryne gave me a plant. They always have the most beautiful plants both inside and outside of their house, and none of the fake stuff either (which is what I have =). As thankful as I was, my first thought was "Poor plant, it has no idea what is ahead." However, this plant came as a bulb kit with instructions for dummies, and I thought maybe, just maybe I could redeem myself. Well, just look what happened...


This was my plant when I put the bulb kit together on December 18.


Two weeks later...


Three weeks into the process...the stems shot up and I got really excited...but they didn't do anything exciting for another week or so. And then...


I grew flowers!!


Yes, I grew these beautiful red flowers and couldn't be more excited! Look out plants, I think my thumb is changing colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment