Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas in the Northwest

This Christmas was the first Christmas we did not get to spend with our families back home...first Christmas ever! We were so blessed to spend Thanksgiving with them, but for Christmas and New Year's it would be just the two of us, here in the northwest. We did have generous offers from several families to come over and spend Christmas with them, but we decided to just spend the day together and celebrate on our own, and it was so wonderful to have the day all to ourselves. Here's what Christmas looked like for us...


Our sweet little tree


My favorite Nativity...it's the only decoration that hasn't been taken down yet...I just love it so much!


This is my very first Nativity and I think it's pretty great, too. I love Nativities!


One of my favorite things about Christmas...getting Christmas cards in the mail!! We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives!


We enjoyed our Christmas lunch


We enjoyed seeing a movie on Christmas day (and it was a GREAT movie!!)

We also enjoyed making (and eating) a yummy lemon birthday cake, which I don't have a picture of because my sweet hubby accidentally smashed it =)

But most of all we enjoyed celebrating the day when our Savior was born and Salvation came to the world! One of my favorite Christmas songs has this line..
"I celebrate the day, that you were born to die, so I could one day pray for you to save my life."
And my goodness, how thankful I am for that sweet baby boy who was born and lived a perfect life and died a cruel death and rose again so that I could one day live forever with Him! Happy Birthday Jesus! Our hearts worship you not only at Christmas, but everyday in between!


Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment