Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Fat Tuesday Surprise

Today we got a super fabulous treat in the mail. I heard a knock at the door and was surprised to find the UPS man waiting with a package for us. As soon as I opened the door and saw the box, I knew exactly what it was and was very excited! It was a king cake straight from Paul's Pastry in Picayune, Mississippi, sent courtesy of my mom. The UPS man said that he has actually been delivering alot of boxes like ours and seeing my LSU shirt, he knew just why we were getting one, too. Derek and I have never been big on the Mardi Gras scene, but there are two things I love about it...the first is the time off you get in the south from school, and the second is king cake! King cake really has a neat story behind it that has to do with a European tradition in celebration of when the three wise men found Jesus. I love the story and I love the cake, so thanks Mom for thinking of me and sending this special treat!


This is the box the UPS man was holding.


Here are the contents of the box...we got to put our cake together!


The finished product! Yum, yum!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!! you have no idea. i just don't even know if i can talk to you anymore! ;-) not really, i'm very happy your mommy was so sweet to send you such a wonderful treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we never got our phone call inviting us over to help you find that baby??
    very cool of your mom! hope you enjoyed. see ya tonight!

    ReplyDelete