Sunday, February 8, 2009

Lots of Celebration!

God has done some really amazing things for us this week! I started my new job as a tutor at Huntington Learning Center on Monday, and I absolutely loved it! I've been telling Derek since my first interview that I wish I could work there all day and not just after school during the tutoring hours. Well, my new boss Erica called me on Tuesday and said that she would like to talk to me about the possibility of coming on staff full-time. I was so excited and it seemed like forever until our meeting on Friday. I really didn't know what kind of full time position she would offer me, but I was pretty much willing to do whatever she asked. My new position is Managing Director of the Huntington Learning Center in Lakewood, Washington!

How great is our God that He would take me from tutor to director after just one day of work! Only He could do that. I have just been floating around all weekend! Kyle and Terry even treated us and our friends Eric and Stephanie to a celebration dinner at our favorite pizza place (Farelli's). Last Friday is definitely on the list of one of the greatest days for me. I'm just amazed by how God made this happen. I had been getting very discouraged because of all the difficulty I've had with switching my teaching license over to Washington. One of my heart's greatest desires is just to teach kids and I feel most fulfilled when I get to do that. Sitting on the sidelines had really gotten me a bit down, but at just the perfect time, God gave me this wonderful new job. We constantly praise Him for being so good!

Another reason we had to celebrate this week is that my Dad finally heard from M.D. Anderson and has an appointment with his new doctor, Dr. Nizar Tannir, at 7:30 Tuesday morning. Mom and Dad will be traveling to Houston on Monday and will probably be there through the end of the week. I am so thankful that my parents live so close to the number one cancer hospital in the country and that this treatment option is available to my Dad. Please continue to pray for my family and pray for also for the new medical team that will be diagnosing and administering treatment for Dad's cancer. My entire family has been through a roller coaster of emotions over the last few months, but one thing has been constant, and that is the fact that God has been and forever will be in control! Praise Him!

1 comment:

  1. I am a new mom looking for something other than full-time teaching at a regular school, but something that keeps me in my field while I focus more on "mommying" right now. I'm interviewing with HLC this Monday and I google searched for more info and ran onto your blog. This story is SO wonderful. I can only pray that God continues to bless you and that those showers of blessings fall on me too.

    ReplyDelete