Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Blessings

This has probably been the fastest week of my life! With my new hours at the center, I am really learning to make some adjustments in my schedule. I went from housewife to working 45 hours a week...talk about a change for me! It was a great first week for me as I learned some things about how the center operates. I was very nervous yesterday since I was conducting my first parent conference about enrolling a student. I didn't feel that I had enough training or preparation, but it's what my boss asked me to do, so there was no getting out of it. Since I was so nervous, I spent alot of time praying about it and asking God to help me explain to the parents why their son needed to be at the center. Sure enough, God helped me through the entire thing and I enrolled my first student...an adorable, but struggling first grader, who is originally from....Memphis! How crazy is that? We moved from West Memphis and his family moved from Memphis! I am so thankful not only that God was right there with me, but that this little fellow is going to get the help that he needs. :)

My Mom and Dad also had a busy week. They spent the entire week in Houston at MD Anderson and just got home earlier this afternoon. Dad's new doctor ran lots of tests on him this week. The tests showed that Dad still has cancer on his lung only, and so they are going to treat him with a chemotherapy pill and let his oncologist in Slidell monitor his treatments. Mom and Dad are due back in Houston in May, and he will have many more of the same tests run to check for progress. The ultimate goal would be for the tumors to shrink, but at the very least, we don't want them to grow. We are praising God for a great week and also for the health insurance he has blessed my family with. Without insurance, Dad's medicine would be around $8500 dollars a month, but with insurance, my parents only had to pay $10!! My heart goes out to those people who need medicine like my Dad's, but can't afford it. I've really been burdened this week to pray for people in those situations, and am just so thankful for the blessings that we have.

I can't let today go by without sending you a Valentine's wish. We want to wish all of you a Happy Valentine's Day because we love all of our friends and family so much! Whether you have a valentine to celebrate with or not, you can be certain that you are loved on this day, not only by us, but by your Father who created you and loves you more than you can ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment