Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

I can hardly believe it, but last Wednesday, Derek and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary! Every girl dreams of marrying her "Prince Charming" and I am so lucky to be married to mine. I just absolutely cannot imagine life without Derek Thomas. I would be a mess, a total mess. I know exactly how blessed I am to love and be loved by such a wonderful husband, and I hope and pray to never, ever take that for granted. Speaking of wonderful husband, just look what I had waiting for me when I came home from work the night BEFORE our anniversary....


He never forgets the flowers =)


Olive Garden takeout, yum!

This was all the night before our anniversary. Now on to the big day. We planned an anniversary picnic on the beautiful Sound, but since we were having a typical rainy day, we had to go for Plan B....


...relocate the picnic!


Then we opted for a window view. So it was not the picnic we had planned, but as often as it rains, we've learned how to have fun around it.

Since our anniversary fell on a Wednesday this year, we planned our big celebration date for Thursday.

We set out on our way to Seattle and made a pit stop for lunch at this place...

Sonic!


Oh, how I miss this menu. It reminds of my college days when I literally looked at it every single day!

We checked into our hotel before getting ready for dinner at another favorite place of ours...The Melting Pot! This has most definitely become our favorite place to celebrate special occasions and this meal was compliments of Derek's sweet MawMaw Betty.

Ahhh...the best part, chocolate fondue!!

Now you see it....


...now you don't!


I think we look pretty satisfied =)

But the night wasn't over...we still had tickets to see this show...



It was jaw-dropping! I think I watched most of the show with my mouth wide open because I couldn't believe what I was seeing! Too bad pictures aren't allowed or I would have a million. My favorite acts were the contortionists and something called the "Wheel of Death." If you google search images for Kooza and those acts, you'll see just a little bit of what I'm talking about.



So our big celebration date ended under the big top. What a great anniversary!! It is just incredible to look back on these three short years and see all of the amazing things God has done in our lives...just makes me so excited to think about what is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment