Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

Lately we've had some pretty crazy and unpredictable weather...bits of sunshine followed by blasts of rain (and sometimes hail) and then drops in temperature...and that's in no particular order. Needless to say, it has been next to impossible to plan anything outdoors, so we've found ourselves inside alot. I have definitely been getting cabin fever, so after a rainy Saturday afternoon, it seemed as though the sky was going to stay pretty clear and I just had to get out. We looked online and saw that a baseball game was probably our best outdoor option.



I love everything about baseball...live baseball that is. TV sports are pretty boring for me (sorry Mom), but I love a live game. And for me, it doesn't get any better than baseball. I love everything about it...the sights, the sounds, the ballpark food, everything. I love when the wave goes across the stands, singing during 7th inning stretch, watching people be ridiculously goofy just to try to get on camera, and most of all, the sport itself. Rather than pay a small fortune to watch the Seattle Mariners lose, we opted for our local minor league team instead. And they did not disappoint...we had a great time!




What is a Rainier you might ask?

Well, this is not exactly it. This is Rhubarb the Reindeer...Rainier comes from our beautiful Mt. Rainier :)


Look who they were playing!! It was a happy surprise!


Yep, it says NOLA on that jersey.


A baseball first for me...hot chocolate in May!


I love a baseball date :)


Rainiers win! We would've been happy either way, better luck next time Z's.

No comments:

Post a Comment