Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Favorite Children's Books

I really enjoy reading the blogs of other people, some that I know, and some that I don't. One blog that I enjoy reading is Kelly's Korner . Every Friday she does a special "Show Us Your Life" post, and I just couldn't resist the most recent one...Show Us Your Favorite Books! This appeals to me on so many levels, mostly it's the teacher in me and avid children's book fan that I am. I have SO many favorites, but I've narrowed it down to just a few. Here they are...


There are other books in this series, such as "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" and "If You Give a Pig a Pancake" but this one tops them all for me!


I love, love, love any and all Amelia Bedelia books, and I have definitely related to her more times than I'd like to admit =)


Who doesn't love Morris? I especially loved "Morris the Moose Goes to School."


Ahh...Frog and Toad...I used to know this book word for word.


I fell in love with this book when I first became interested in teaching. I can't tell you how many lesson plans and units I did with this book alone.


I discovered this book and its author during my last year in college. It makes for a wonderful first read at the beginning of every school year. My favorite follow up activity is to have the kids describe a way that they are different...precious.


Finally, my all-time favorite...Charlotte's Web. My heart melts just looking at the cover. My friend Terry is currently reading this to her three year old and he is loving it. I actually feel a bit jealous because Kade is getting to hear the story for the first time and I remember my second grade teacher reading it aloud to us and hearing it for the first time...sweet, sweet memories. I even had my Mom buy me the book since the teacher just wasn't reading fast enough for me and I had to know the entire story. I think I'm going to go read it again right now =)

1 comment:

  1. Fun that you got to participate in "show us your life friday" with Kelly. I think I've told you this but she went to the same college as me and we were in the same "social club". I want Kade and Ryne to read all of your favorite books...good picks and a couple I've never read.
    We took a break from Charlotte while the fam was here but I can't wait to get back to it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete