Sunday, February 28, 2010

Memories From Home

I really should take more pictures when we go home, especially since we aren't there too often. Instead, I get so caught up in the happiness of just being there that I forget. I should've taken pictures of the people and places we miss the most, but I didn't. We were too busy making memories instead of capturing them on camera.

If I could go back I would take pictures of every single friend and family member we got to see on this trip. I would take a picture of Zesto, our favorite place for hot dogs and vanilla milkshakes. I would take a picture of my mom's living room and my granny's old house. Really, I'd take pictures of the living rooms of lots of people since that's where we spend most of our time. I'd take a picture of the church where Derek and I met and fell in love, both with each other and with Jesus. I would take a picture of Gayle's Jewelers, where I worked during my senior year and all through college. I'd take a picture of Derek's old green Chevy truck, which seems to fall apart more every time we're home =)

These are just a few of the things that are familiar to us when we're home and even though we don't have pictures of them, we do have memories, and we wouldn't trade those for anything! So instead, here are a few of the pictures I did take...


Guess what time of year it is?? We spotted this Mardi Gras tree in the airport.


I don't think I really have to say much about what this means to me...


It has been way too long...


My Dad had gotten us not one, but TWO king cakes! Yum!!


I got to meet my newest cousin Jaxton, only 7 weeks old, and even got to watch him and his big brother Jakeob while their mom, Brittney had dental surgery. Don't you just want to grab those cheeks? They are quite kissable =)


I got to have lunch with my sweet friend Caroline. I first met Caroline when she was in 5th grade (and I was her baby-sitter) and now she's a freshman in college at USM, just as sweet and beautiful as ever. I'm so glad she hasn't outgrown me and could meet me for lunch. =)


Enjoyed watching Zack "play" basketball...or at least watch him watch everyone else play.


He did touch the ball a couple of times =)

Then I had a surprise when we got home. The first time Derek bought me flowers, he bought "Crazy Daisies" from Winn-Dixie. They were neon colored daisies that I just loved. Well, he wanted to get them for me again so he picked these up and packed them in his suitcase. These flowers flew over 2,000 miles and I was so surprised when he unpacked them. I'm a lucky girl to have such a sweet, thoughtful husband. Thank you sweetie, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment