Thursday, December 17, 2009

Happy Early Birthday To Me =)

Last week my sweet husband treated me to an early birthday dinner at one of my favorite places...The Melting Pot!! We had our first Melting Pot experience during our anniversary trip to Portland last June and we were definitely ready for another one. We went out to celebrate a little bit early for two reasons:
1. We were leaving to go out of town (more posts on that to come)
2. This particular night was a one-night only fundraising dinner for St. Jude's Hospital, and who doesn't love a fondue fund raiser? =)


We love The Melting Pot! This one is in downtown Tacoma.


Course 1 - Cheddar Cheese Fondue


Course 2 - Salads
For those of you who know me well, you know I don't eat salad because I find lettuce disgusting. However, being the grown up girl I am becoming, I picked the California salad (on the left) which came with spinach and other greens besides lettuce. I made a good effort, and even enjoyed the first two bites or so, but that was about all I could stomach. Besides, I needed to save room for what was to come...


Course 3 - Meat and Veggies
We had two types of steak, chicken, salmon, and shrimp...yum, yum!


FINALLY!! Course 4 - Chocolate Fondue!! We chose white chocolate since we had a white and milk chocolate mix last time. The white chocolate is our absolute favorite!! And just look at all the yummies you get to dip in the chocolate...


They even brought out a special chocolate birthday surprise =)


I am so thankful to have a husband willing to go all out to make sure I have a special day. I love you Derek Thomas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment