Saturday, July 21, 2012

Trust God!

My entire life summer time has always brought with it a week of Vacation Bible School! I attended every summer as a child and teenager, and then taught or served in some way as an adult. I love VBS! Being a church that meets in a school, we don't exactly have a building to host in, but God has given us such a blessing in being able to partner with another church in town so that we can bring VBS to our community.

This year our theme was "Sky." The Sky VBS theme verse was "Everything is possible with God." Mark 10:27

I had no idea just how much I would need that theme in my life.

Here are the main points for the week...

Day One - No matter who you are...Trust God!
Day Two - No matter how you feel...Trust God!
Day Three - No matter what people do...Trust God!
Day Four - No matter what happens...Trust God!
Day Five - No matter where you are...Trust God!

It was so much fun! I was really honored to be able to teach the first three days of lessons before I was leaving to go out of town. I enjoyed studying the Bible stories and presenting them to the kiddos - they were SO into it!

I was especially moved on Day Three when we were learning "No matter what people do...Trust God!" The story that went along with Day Three was the story of Jesus' arrest and trial. The room for the day was set up with a secret hallway with clues as to where Jesus had gone and the lesson was taught as if we were all really there as Jesus was being taken away and trying to figure out who/what/why he was taken.

It all became real when a few children, with tears in their eyes, expressed worry and concern over what had happened to Jesus and why he was being treated so harshly. At the end of teaching each class, I had at least one child from the group say, "I sure hope we find Jesus tomorrow. I'm so worried about him." And I realized that these children don't know the story of Jesus. They know who he is in the sense that he is God's Son, but they don't know what he did for them. I was humbled to be introducing them to Jesus for the first time. And I was also a bit envious of sweet Mary Ann, who got to teach the lesson the next day telling them about Jesus' death and then his resurrection. I sure wanted to see their faces!!

Here are a few pictures of our fun times!







Yep, that's my husband playing the part of the pilot. :)



I asked my friend Sarah's son, Sterling, what he thought about VBS and this is the happy face he made for me. :)


And here's the Kadester singing and dancing along to our theme song. Fun!


I know so many of you have faithfully prayed for us since we moved to Washington, and all I can say is THANK YOU! There are still so many who don't know about the love of our Savior, but we are sure trying to tell them. Keep praying and remember, No Matter What, TRUST GOD!! =)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am enjoying blog catch up time! Kade also had a great time at VBS and he has been working on some new Bible points for next year. He's going on the assumption that it will be a continuation of this year as so far he has come up with

    1-No matter how old you are, trust God. and 2-No matter how much you have, trust God.

    I enjoyed your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Kade! I love those points, they are so true!

    ReplyDelete