Monday, January 31, 2011

It wasn't as boring as it seemed....

I realize that as far as blogging goes, this one didn't have much to say in January. But I promise you that January was not at all a boring month for us...in fact, I would say it was the opposite!! Nearly every day on my calendar had something on it, often two somethings - one during the day and another that evening. I would definitely say we were busy...but not the kind of "pull your hair out" busy you might be thinking of, it was a fantastic kind of busy - the kind of busy where you are surrounded by new and old friends and lots of people that you love. I love that kind of busy!!

If you remember back to December, Life Church moved out of Forza and into a new gathering place...


And we didn't just get a larger space...we got a larger church family, too! We are absolutely loving getting to know so many new friends and every week God has sent brand new faces our way...it really is incredible. So I would say January has definitely been the month for building relationships!


A lot of chairs for a lot of friends

We've been learning all month at Life Church about "it." How to want it, how to open it, how to find it, how to give it, and how to share it. So I'm sure you're wondering...what is "it"?

"It" is...
-a passion for the presence of God
-a deep craving to reach the lost
-sincere integrity
-a spirit filled faith
-down to earth humility
-brokenness

It's been an incredible teaching series...one that really makes you do some serious self-reflecting. And in my self-reflection, I have to be honest and say that I don't always have "it." I may have parts or pieces, but not the whole "it." But I want "it" and I'm working on "it" because I want others to have "it" too...and I will get "it" because I won't stop until I do =)

If you've missed out on this series at all, you should really jump over to the website and listen...you did know the sermons were online, didn't you? ;) Well, they are...just click here and you'll go right to them.

Happy January to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment