Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our Canadian Road Trip

Last Friday we took a little road trip....


...to Vancouver, B.C. in Canada!

And we didn't go alone, we went with some great friends.

Let me introduce you to them...
Bottom Row: Jenna, Mykel, Keith, Mollie, Kyle, Terry
Top: Frank, Mark, Brad, Anndi, Bobby, Me, & Derek

One of my favorite things about going to Vancouver is that on the way, there's one of these...

...Chick-Fil-A!

The only Chick-Fil-A in the entire state of Washington is on the campus of Western Washington University, about 3 hours away from us, so I was so excited to get to make this little pit stop. My friend Mollie, who just moved here this summer from West Virginia, was just as happy as I was. Our group was split about 50/50 between Native Northwesterners and Southern transplants, Poor Northwesterners just can't truly appreciate the goodness that is Chick-Fil-A, but they were all good sports, ha! When we got to the food court on campus, it was right at lunch time, but there wasn't a single student in line for a yummy chicken sandwich...sad, I know. Derek and I were the first through the line and we overheard the girl working behind the counter's shock at 13 people being in her line, she couldn't believe it and started to panic a little. If only these students knew what a treasure they have...sigh....

Then we made our way across the border and spent a couple of hours exploring in downtown Vancouver.




It was a bit of a rainy day (surprise, surprise), so I sure was thankful to have brought my rain jacket along.

And I know Terry was glad to have hers, too! We called ourselves the happy rain jacket club since our jackets are so bright =)

But our jackets weren't the only spot of bright colors we got to see...

We spotted a rainbow! One of the things I love about the Northwest is that we see rainbows all the time. Sometimes it seems like the rain will never end, but then one of these little beauties appear and I'm reminded that it won't last forever after all.


Here's the other side of our rainbow =)

We got to see the Olympic Cauldron from the 2010 Winter Olympics

It really is much cooler in person. I remember seeing it on television and thinking it was rather unattractive, but now that I've actually seen it, I am much more impressed =)





Now, onto the real reason we went to Vancouver. It was the final stop of the Passion World Tour. Passion is a gathering targeting college-age students in an attempt to awaken a new generation to making the name of Jesus famous. Our night consisted of worship led by Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and David Crowder and a message from Passion founder Louie Giglio. It was really cool to be in Canada with 10,000+ others worshiping God in a culture that is so very far away from Him.




My favorite, David Crowder!


And here's the shot of our group again. I am so blessed to know each of them and to be able to call them friends, they really are incredible people!

We moved here two years ago with Kyle and Terry...ready to do our best to reach the Northwest for Jesus. We didn't have relationships or really even know anyone else in this state. We are so thankful that God has insulated us with such incredible people to do life together with here in Washington. I seriously cannot imagine being here without them, and these are just a few of the special people God has placed in our lives. I had no idea when we set out to move across the country away from everyone and everything we've known our entire lives that God had such amazing things in store for us. I'm so thankful He's got it all figured out! It makes me so excited to see what else He has planned!

"Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment