Friday, September 24, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

All right, I'm probably going to sound a little whiny through this post...but today I wish I had a pair of these...



I woke up today just wishing so badly that I could see my family...well, I can see them in pictures...what I really want is to give them all great big hugs.

I can't figure out what triggers these types of days, I'm guessing that maybe I had a dream that I don't remember. Or maybe it was spending yesterday at the Puyallup Fair and remembering all of the fun times at the Washington Parish Fair...or maybe it's because we saw Mercy Me in concert last night and I keep singing the lyrics to "Homesick" in my head...or maybe it's because a dear friend from Bogalusa is in town visiting her family and we got to have lunch together this week...or maybe it was because I've been pricing airline tickets home for Christmas and outside of a Christmas miracle, we just can't afford what they're asking for those golden airplane seats...who knows?

What I do know is that there are 2,639 miles between me and my family.

Here's the map to prove it.

Here's what else I know...if this is the greatest of my problems, then I am doing just fine. I also know, without a doubt, that living here in Washington is where God has called me to serve Him and live my life. I also believe Psalm 84:10 "A single day in your courts is better than a thousand days anywhere else!" and add to that Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you..."

So what am I going to do to get out of this funk when all I want to do is lay around and mope?? I am going to finish this blog post, find my quiet spot, take my Bible with me, and pray. I'm going to thank God that I have a family that I love so much and miss so much it hurts. And I'm going to think of every single blessing that I've been given and be thankful...and maybe, just maybe I'm going to ask for a pair of ruby red slippers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment