Monday, September 20, 2010

September at a Very Quick Glance =)

Yep, I know I've been a terrible blogger lately. It's been a busy month...a fabulous month, but a very busy one. Here are just a few things that have been going on with us =)


I started teaching pre-school two days a week at the Rubber Room...doesn't it look like a fun place to learn? I absolutely love this job...I have the most adorable 2 & 3 year olds, great parents, and fabulous co-workers...and I get paid on top of all of that!


We got to say "Good-bye" or "Good Riddance" rather to our old dinosaur dishwasher!!


And we gladly welcomed our new dishwasher...definitely one of the perks of apartment living...it didn't cost us a dime, just a phone call to the manager. =)


Then I got have a super fun girls lunch at one of my favorite places, Panera! I know you're probably wondering why I took a picture of my food instead of my friends...well, this particular meal is a milestone for me. Why? Because I ordered a salad!! And until very recently, I have always hated salad, namely lettuce. What I have discovered is that it is only iceberg lettuce that I hate...I love other kinds of lettuce and raspberry dressing especially! I have been a salad eating fool lately, I guess because it's like discovering a brand new food. Derek said he never thought he'd see the day that I cleaned my salad plate. But I think 3-year-old Kade said it best when he said "Lissa's growing up on us." =)


Went to a baby shower for our friend Dawn, who is expecting baby #2 (it's a girl!) I just adore the decorations!


Just look at that cake! My friend Kristy made that oh-so-adorable cake...you might remember her fabulous cake decorating skills from her baby girl Ainsley's first birthday party. My party contributions: I picked up the balloons, ha! I am one talented balloon picker upper, but hey, every little bit helps, right?


Then today, we got to meet that sweet baby girl. Delaney Grace Kitley made her entrance at 9:23 a.m. this very morning! She is just perfect and I love her to pieces already. Congratulations Chuck and Dawn!!

So that's been our September so far, and of course there are lots of little in between events that go uncaptured on camera. What I do wish I had a picture of is the crowd at Life Church last night! Derek and I were taking care of the kiddos and we had 14...all age 4 and down...and the best head count inside the coffee shop was 46...that means we had 62 people at Life Church!! It was a standing room only crowd...how exciting!! We love seeing God at work in DuPont, can't wait to see what He has next in store =)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Alissa! I'm catching up on some blog reading and found I was in your blog post (well, my kid is) :). Thanks for the shout out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Delaney was the highlight of our September, I couldn't leave her out =)

    ReplyDelete