Sunday, May 10, 2009

Flat Stanley and more...

So, I haven't posted anything new since my Mom left last month. I can think of a couple of reasons why...number one is that I think I went into mini-depression when Mom had to go back home. Seriously, I was physically ill, and wanted desperately to pack myself up and hop on the plane, but of course, that would not work out very well. There is a certain someone to whom I am married and I would miss him too much! Number two is that unless we have someone in town visiting, our lives lately are lots and lots of working. Derek and I both work full time jobs, Saturdays included, so whenever we have some time off, we just like to be still and stay at home together. We haven't had much time for adventures lately. I don't think that pictures of us on the couch watching a movie or just hanging out around the house would be very interesting, so therefore, I haven't had much to post as of late...sorry =)

However, we have had more visitors since my last post. Our first visitor came to us all the way from Bogalusa. His name is Flat Stanley and he was sent to us by Alaina (thanks Alaina!) For those of you who don't know, Flat Stanley is a children's book character who is just what his name says...a flat paper boy named Stanley. Every year in 1st/2nd grade classrooms across the country, kids read about Flat Stanley and make their very own to send to whomever they choose. If you ever receive a Flat Stanley, you are supposed to show him a good time, taking him around your city and mailing him back with pictures and little momentos of where you live. Here are a few pictures of Alaina's Flat Stanley...


Here is Stanley in front of a sign in Steilacoom.


Since coffee is so popular here, we had to take Stanley to Starbucks!


Stanley hanging out in front of the Puget Sound in Steilacoom.

It really was alot of fun to take some pictures of where we live to share with Alaina and her class. I hope we did a good job showing Stanley a fun time!

1 comment: