Saturday, August 6, 2011

Happy 25th Birthday Derek!

My sweet husband is now halfway to fifty! Yep, 25 years old he is! I have been blessed to watch Derek blow out birthday candles since his 13th birthday, so this birthday means that I've spent more than half of his birthdays at his side. I know....awww...right? =)



This year he made his usual request for a butter yellow cake with chocolate frosting...

...and so that's just what I made for him. I'd like to buy him a prettier cake at the store, but he really does insist on a Betty Crocker cake/frosting combo. How could I say "no" to that?

And of course there are presents!

But these aren't just any presents, they are presents with a purpose...

...to dress up this handsome fella!

Doesn't he look dashing? He's commented about "skinny ties" before so I thought I'd get him one, but then of course I had to find a shirt to match, and then pants...you get the idea =)

And he was going to need a nice new outfit for what I had planned for him next...

...a nice dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse in Seattle! He has commented on this place every time we've driven past it so I decided that it would be the perfect spot to bring him to celebrate his 25th birthday - and the best part is, he had no idea! I kept it a secret, yay me!

Derek ordered a garlic crusted halibut and said it was delicious.


And I had a melt-in-your-mouth filet!


Ruth Chris was indeed a perfect place for celebrating my sweetie's birthday - we loved it!


In fact, he loved getting all fancied up so much that he asked if we could do it again very soon, woohoo!! I see a new dress in my future!


Happy, happy birthday my love! I hope you've had the best birthday yet!! You simply become more wonderful every year and I just adore you. I love you Derek Thomas!

1 comment: