Saturday, August 28, 2010

August Adventures

So I haven't blogged in a while, I know. I was fortunate enough to have a full-time temporary job for the majority of the month, which took up most of my time. I'm definitely not used to the 40 hour work week, plus the hour and a half round trip commute, so I've felt a bit like a zombie recently. I also thought I didn't have too much to blog about, but then I looked at my camera pics and realized that we really did have a few things going on in August. The biggest event in our lives was a birthday for a special someone....


Derek turned 24!!


Birthday boy blowing out the candles and making a wish =)

And one celebration just isn't enough so we had another at our local park.

Sweet Ainsley Grace came to party =)


And so did a few other friends. I love that we got have a little birthday celebration with our friends. Kids are the best party guests anyway!


Had a little dinner at a local place called Jake's, where we got to enjoy our dinner and watch the sun set over the Puget Sound.


We had a few days of real summer heat. Northwesterners react so funny to 90 degree weather. I'm just thankful it comes with no humidity and only lasts a few days.


August 14th was town-wide garage sale day for Steilacoom and as you can see, there were quite a few participants. We came home with a few great finds...


...like this treadmill.


And these bicycles...we've been bicycle searching for quite some time and were so excited about these garage sale finds. I haven't been on a bicycle since I was probably 11, but I figured there's no harm in a $10 bike investment, right?

Then we had another birthday celebration that afternoon for a special little girl.

Ainsley Grace Jenkins is turning 1!!


Kristy makes the most adorable cakes...


...and the yummiest party food!

Here's the birthday girl! Sweet Ainsley Grace =)

I love baby's first birthday cakes!


I think she enjoyed it =)

Then it was on to another work week and then finally, the weekend! Derek planned a date night for us and we went to one of our favorite places, The Melting Pot!



Nothing like a night out with my love


What a beautiful ending to a beautiful night...

The Lewallens are getting ready for a trip home, so I got to have a little adventure with the boys before they are gone for two whole weeks! We started our afternoon playing at a park. Every now and then, Ryne would totally freeze and look something like this...



Well, there's a reason for this frozen position. Right next to the park is one of these...

a train! And it is rather loud, but the boys love watching them.


Snack time at the park!

Then onto more playing...

A little climbing for Kade


...and a little, well, not sure what Ryne was doing here =)

We went to our favorite frozen yogurt spot and enjoyed an oh so delicious treat.


Kade was quite adventurous in his yogurt selection today...he actually passed on the chocolate (which never happens) for the lemonade flavor.


Ryne had a big time with his yogurt.

So then it was off to play at another park, and then on to supper at McDonald's.

Now, that's why they call them "Happy Meals" =)


Always good for a laugh, Ryne decided a box hat might be a good idea.


Oh, it's much more fun if you push it down over your entire head, right?


Kade didn't want to miss out on the fun =)


Kade had a great time enjoying the play place, but poor Ryne couldn't get past the first step. He climbed as high as he could and then announced (to everyone) that he was stuck =) We ended our adventure at McDonald's and then went on to the boys' house for bath and bed time. I'm so glad I got spend some time with them before they're off for a family visit for two weeks. Love these boys!

So, on to Saturday...
I got to get up that morning and head into DuPont for a little girl time with Terry and Kristy. We first had our feet pampered with a pedicure and then went to Olive Garden for a yummy lunch. I am soooo super blessed to have such amazing friends in my life, I love these girls!! =)

That afternoon, Derek and I ventured to Olympia to check out an event called "Sand in the City," which is an annual fundraiser for the Olympia Children's Museum. We saw some pretty amazing sculptures and snagged a few pictures to share.









We spotted a team still working so we decided to watch for a bit.








Our favorite of the day ;)

So, that's our August up to this point. It's starting to turn cooler here in Washington and although I will miss our summer weather, I can't wait for the beautiful color that fall brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment