Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Week with Mom!

What a super awesome week we had last week! I picked Mom up from the airport on Tuesday because she was here to visit for a whole week! We had such a great time just hanging out, doing some shopping, venturing out in the rain from time to time, and all sorts of other things. Mom doesn't come to Washington to be entertained, she just wants to relax and spend some time with her family. It's a good thing she doesn't require much entertainment because we had a week of uncooperative weather! I am so glad she was here to spend not just a week, but also Easter with us. It was certainly not easy (it never is) to take her back to the airport, but I know how much she is needed back home...I can't keep her here forever!


Hanging out after the Easter service @ Sunbreak


My Easter Sweetie


The Easter Bunny was good to Derek...and good to me as well, although I didn't get a picture.


Just check out the color coordination with my sweet Kade =)

We did have one semi-sunshiny day, so we decided to take advantage of it and make a trip to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. The tulips bloomed late last year and I never got to see them, but this year they were right on time (actually early) and I thought it would be worth the trip. Well, it was a beautiful sight to see despite the frigid wind, but I must say that I think it's one of those "once in a lifetime" trips, meaning, I probably won't be going back. It was very cool to see it once, but I think that's enough for me.


Fields & fields of tulips!










Beautiful View!

I can't say enough how happy I was to have my Mom for a whole week! A girl can never get too much of her Mom. It never fails to be the fastest week of the year, like she's hardly here before she has to leave. I can't wait until I get to see her again (and the rest of our family, too), but in the meantime, I'll just have to settle for an email or a phone call...thank goodness for technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment