Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Church Music and Life Parties

Derek and I had a super great treat Saturday night. One of our favorite Christian bands was coming to a nearby town and we decided to go with some of our friends to check out the concert. First I must say that I really do enjoy concerts, even though I can't remember the last time I've been to one. I love Christian concerts because it is one of my favorite ways to worship, but even with Christian artists, you sometimes get more of the light show than the Jesus show. Now, I must say that I have NEVER been led closer to the throne of God through Christian music than at the concert we went to on Saturday night. What a worship fest! If this tour comes anywhere near your town, I hope you get the chance to go, and I hope your heart worships our amazing Father while you are there! My heart is still singing.


Our second treat of the weekend came Sunday night. Life Church has its first Life Party at Kyle and Terry's house. We invited all of those who have been to our services or Bible studies and asked them to bring friends. We had a great turnout and just spent the evening hanging out together. We had tons of yummy food, played some games, and just got to know our fellow Life Churchers. We're still blown away by what God is doing in our city and we know the best is yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment