Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Life This Week

I realize that this is not going to be the most interesting blog post I've written. However, I am growing bored quickly and just thought it would be nice to let you know what I've been doing this week.

First of all, fall arrived in the Northwest this week! When we moved here last October, fall was in full swing and it was GORGEOUS! It's been really neat to watch summer turn to fall and I wish I could share all the beautiful sights with you. I know what you're thinking...just snap some pictures and share them. I wish it were that easy. You see, the arrival of fall also brought an unwelcome arrival into our home...a nasty cold virus! Since Sunday afternoon, I've been planted on this couch in my own little version of misery. Didn't make it to work Monday, tried to go Tuesday and was home by lunch, and didn't attempt today either. And since there isn't too much you can do from the couch, I thought why not blog about it?

I don't do sick very well...I think I get that from my Dad. When Mom gets sick, she's solid as a rock and you'd barely know anything was wrong with her. When Dad gets sick (not cancer sick, but common cold sick), you'd think it was the end of the world =) Funny how my Dad is handling his cancer far better than he handles the sniffles...thank goodness for that!! That's how it's always been in my house growing up and I suppose I'm a balance of my two fabulous, but opposite parents.

All that being said, I don't feel well, but I am so incredibly blessed that this little cold will eventually pass while I know that so many others are dealing with far worse...I've been praying alot for those people this week and I'm also incredibly blessed to have a husband who sees to it that I have everything I want/need and I don't lift a finger for any of it. Spoiled, I know. So here is what my week has looked like thus far...

Notice the card to the far left...my sweet husband
returned from an orange juice run with a feel better
soon surprise. I sure do love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment